Dec 30, 2014

lady bird for this old bird

It's almost 2015 and I'm playing major catch up on our little blog today to get all the 2014 events documented. I have about 15 minutes before Lincoln wakes up. We'll see how much I get done.

Soooo..... I turned 27 in October. And, let's just say, this was the first year my birthday was no so wonderful. The week after, yes. the week before, yes. But my actual birthday... terrible.
I started having extremely sharp pains around noon. I had just put Lincoln down and went to go lay down myself. I would get these shooting pains in my upper abdomen that I figured would go away with rest, but they didn't. I was laying down for almost 2 hours unable to really move with out getting pain. I started to get really worried thinking something might be wrong with the baby. So, what does any panicked mother in pain do? Call the doctor. They wanted me to come in as soon as possible. The only problem, I literally could NOT get myself to get out of bed. I was in so much pain I couldn't move an inch.

I was calling Ryan at work like a mad woman. His cellphone service is super iffy and it drives me crazy trying to get a hold of him. Luckily, I found the number directly to his office and finally got a hold of him. By that point, I was hysterically crying telling him he needed to come home and help drive me to the doctor's. He was home within 20 minutes.

Poor Lincoln had woken up and was patiently waiting for someone to come get him out of the crib. There was no way I could have, so it was a good thing Ryan made it home so quickly. Ryan gave me a priesthood blessing and slowly helped me to the car. By the time we got to the doctor's the pain was  starting to go away. Typical. Ugh. They attributed it to my gallbladder and scheduled me to get an abdominal ultrasound done the following morning. Such a relief that baby was A-Okay.

We got home late afternoon and I was starving. I hadn't eaten anything since breakfast. Ryan made me some food and I barely ate much when I started getting the terrible pains again. Like someone was getting a knife and stabbing me below my ribs. Ryan looked up some natural remedies for gallbladder pain and made me this disgusting apple cider turmeric lemon concoction and put me in warm bath. I was in excruciating pain from 5pm to almost 8pm when I finally decided to call the doctor and make sure this was normal to be in such pain for this long for a jacked-up gallbladder.

Well, they had me go to the hospital to make sure.
On my birthday. 
8pm at night when I should be eating the personal sized cheesecake Ryan had bought me.

But I couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't right with the baby and if birthday celebrations were to be postponed, well then that's quite alright.

I barely managed to drive myself there. I insisted that Ryan stay home since Lincoln was already asleep. I told him if something came up and there was a problem, that we could call someone to come over and watch Lincoln so he could come meet me.

By the time I got checked in to a room, I was shaking. I couldn't even sit or lay down on the bed. I was still in so much pain. They strapped my belly up to the monitors to make sure baby was fine. He was. What a relief. After 30 minutes, I had the sudden urge to throw up.... which I hadn't done since my first trimester. I'll spare you the horrific details.. but it was BAD. I hadn't thrown up like that since....ugh. I don't even know. But remember that drink Ryan made me?? Imagine throwing up those flavors.

But guess what?!?! I suddenly started to feel better. And the nurse said I was getting color back in my face (so apparently I looked like death beforehand?). The doctor and I went over my diet and after telling her I hardly ever have fast food or anything greasy or fried... she blamed the dairy. What?!!? Since when is a tub of cottage cheese a week too much? That's one of my main pregnancy cravings. But if it meant not having these issues, I will never have dairy again!!! or at least the rest of the pregnancy.... or in my case, I eliminated it for like a month and now I just have very little.

Anyway, my 27th birthday in a nutshell. But then it got better. And my hubby took me out on the lake and paddled this dairy-free pregnant mama all around. :) His reward? I gave him my cheesecake that I could no longer eat.