Aug 2, 2013

chopped

 I met up with these lovely ladies last week. We try and get together every few months in spite of our busy schedules, work, and schooling. When we manage to plan a day with all of us there it's a real miracle. And as excited as we are to see each other and catch up, I think secretly we're excited for the food just as much. Our meet-ups are at the usual spot- La Grande Orange. YUM!
 and it was a day of firsts for me.
 
first first- I broke from the usual commuter sandwich (their English muffins -TA-DIE-FOR!) and went for the spicy chickpea lettuce wrap. I'll be recreating recipe here in the near future because it was a pleasant surprise for this palate of mine. 
 
second first- This picture was snapped an hour prior to my mommy-makeover.
I told myself I wouldn't cut my hair. I really didn't think I would because it's been YEARS and YEARS since I've ever cut more than an inch. There was that one time I cut 4inches--- many tears shed and consoling from Ryan.
But then the whole post-pregnancy hair falling out--- yah, no one told me about that. And when your hair is long, and you have a nest of hair on the shower wall that your husbands keeps complaining about, it's time to chop it.
I chopped 10inches (to be exact) and it's in the mail being sent to Locks of Love as I'm typing this. :) Bucket list- CHECK.
I thought I would cry, but the only sadness I've felt is from not doing this a long time ago.

4 comments:

  1. It was so nice for all of us to get together! Why do I look so chub chub in that pic! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie please. Don't make me slap you through the computer. You are beautiful! No chub chub at all. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so cute!!! haha I TOTALLY feel ya on all the hair falling out! It's ridiculous how much hair comes out in the shower, after brushing it and then just during the day! I might have to do the same! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so good! I've been contemplating something similar. There is seriously hair EVERYWHERE!!!! Sometimes in Rosie's diaper! I'm pretty sure I'm half way to being bald.

    ReplyDelete