Apr 11, 2013

week 3

 
is it normal to have my days blend together? because they do. Just call me Bill Murray from Groundhog Day.
 
Lincoln and I are starting Baby Wise. Yes, both of us. Because this mom likes to eat every 3 hours and sleeping inbetween feedings too! We have our good and our bad days. He does well with cutting me a little slack here and there since I'm new at this. :)
 
I strained my back breastfeeding Lincoln. I was using pillows to prop Linc up on my lap and then hunched over the rest of the way. Purchasing a boppy pillow became my top priority. After getting my back readjusted (jk), I went and made my boppy pillow purchase at Target. Which brings another lesson learned from parenthood....
 
P.C. knowledge:
Nothing will be "new and clean" ever again. And if it is, the "newness and cleanliness" will only last a max of 5 minutes.
 
 I picked out the pillow and a stellar pillow cover too; yes, I was stoked to come home and feed Lincoln in style and comfort (at least with my body alignment). I made it home in time for his next feeding. I got home, got my new boppy pillow out and put on the pillowcase, sat on the couch, and Ryan handed Linc to me.
 THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!!
Well, that amazingness lasted about 5 minutes. And then Lincoln sharted. He sharted real bad. So bad, in fact, that it came out the back of his diaper and onto my new clean boppy pillow.
 
Lesson learned.  

5 comments:

  1. Little Lincoln is adorable, and I'm so glad that you're blogging about mommyhood. I can't wait until Wayne and I are ready for a baby!
    -Gretchen G.

    P.S. You take great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Such explicit pictures in my mind. Thanks! Does he have a little swirly on his head like my boys? He is changing every week. Thanks for the photos. See you in just a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, yes that happens all the time, but the boppy is awesome and so is baby wise!!! The book really worked for us! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I can feel his softness through the screen! Uh-dorable!
    I ended up doing a relaxed version of baby wise with my second two, and it really did make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so fun reading about someone else going through the same thing as me! Motherhood is the best.

    ReplyDelete