Oct 3, 2011

OCTOBER!

October, really, it's probably one of the best months of the year am I right? Leaves are changing and nice weather. This weekend was the LAST weekend of warmer weather so we had to get out and take advantage of the sun to the fullest. Teton Dam for fishing (Ryan) and soaking up the sun (Elizabeth). Each of us doing what we love the most. And what better way to celebrate the beginning of Fall than this????
But best of all, two big celebrations.
1. Halloween.
2. My birthday.
Birthdays are bitter-sweet days aren't they? They're awesome because that one day of the year it's all about me and celebrating and treating myself.....but bitter because...well ya know.... no one likes to get older. And yes I will be turning 24. Which seems a lot older than 23 because it's almost 25 and 25 just rounds up to 30 so pretty much i'm almost 30!!!! (take a deep breath elizabeth). It's ok. I just have to make the most out of my last month of being 23 before my youth completely slips away from me. On a happier note...
Halloween and Fall decorating! The apartment will look great this weekend when I'm through with it. The major drawback to a basement apartment is no kids coming to get candy for us to scare. Which takes me back to our very first Halloween together...

BEST HALLOWEEN EVER!
Anyway,
I already took Halloween weekend off too so I'll have from Thursday afternoon to Monday afternoon OFF! Maybe I can convince Ryan to take me to all haunted houses that weekend :) Either way, this is going to be a great month so everyone get into the spirit please.

And the best way to start of the October month? General conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It's also nice that if you were a little sleepy and missed some of the talks, everything is available online. I thought today i would go back to review some from Saturday's session. If you missed it, THIS TALK should be heard/watched/read by all women.

3 comments:

  1. Haha nice. Ryan looks like the devil off of the best of will ferrel skit with garth brooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. you need to come to oregon and go to the Haunted Forest. It is the BEST. its in the middle of the forest in the middle of the country and it seriously scared the crap out of me last year. And it was free. can't beat that. But it definitely beat all the places ive been to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow that sounds awesome! If only it were closer! Dangit! Ha

    ReplyDelete