May 20, 2013

turn that frown upside down

A miracle happened this weekend.
 
This weekend I got what every mother wants. A weekend full of sleep. I'm not talking a cat-nap here and there; I'm talking about full on sleep, 3 nights in a row. Lincoln has transitioned to only one middle-of-the-night feeding! This is HUGE NEWS PEOPLE--- like, ALERT THE PRESS news.
 
It could have been a weekend fluke, tonight we'll know for sure. But this mommy is being optimistic. I'm attributing Linc's success to his 2 month birthday today. That second month is full of milestones. Not only is he sleeping more at night, he's cooing full-on novels, grinning his gummy smile every chance he gets, and is officially... a thumb sucker (with an occassional pointer finger too).
Is there anything this boy can't do?!?
And onto a personal milestone...
 
my first FINISHED refurbished furniture.
 
Ryan is a pretty conservative guy when it comes to decorating our home. Let me rephrase, yes he is conservative in style, but his idea of a well-decorated home is one that's somewhat clean. When I ask him if he likes this-or-that for the home, he responds, "Whatever you like." Sigh---I love this man.
 
Truth is, if he really allowed me to have whatever I liked in the house he would start caring. A pink retro fridge, a floral 50's couch, a turquoise kitchen table.... yah, that wouldn't happen. So when it came to picking out colors for our TV credenza, I chose a conservative gray for Ryan, and a pop of color for me. And who says I don't know how to compromise. :)

2 comments:

  1. ugh im so jealous!! C STILL wakes up for a night feeding and hes 10 months old! (i remember when D slept through the night at 2 months old and thinking... how do those moms do it with cat nappers and kids who still wake up at 9+months old?) yeah well... I guess i shouldn't have asked... i sure got my answer! haha

    and i LOVE the paint job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha. i wish i knew what to tell ya. it could be a fluke and i'll be in your shoes. but it sure is nice. you'll have to let me know when C finally does sleep through the night and what you did to help him do it.

      Delete