Aug 15, 2012

can we not go to work tomorrow?


So the day I pretty much knew I was pregnant and decided to take a pregnancy test, I thought I would record each of us finding out. It's all about documenting this stage in our life right? I love pictures, but there's something about watching a video down the road and this is a video I'll love watching many years from now.

I actually did the pregnancy test before Ryan woke up Sunday morning. We've had a few scares in the past and it's come to the point where I don't even mention I'm late. I figured I would take the test, and if it was positive, I would do something nice to share the news with Ryan.

I do have a video of me reading the pregnancy test, but I'm more interested in showing the daddy's reaction because it is BY FAR the SWEETEST and most PRICELESS video I've ever seen. I'm not bias.

Every time I watch this video I can't help but chuckle. Ryan is never speechless, but in this video, he's SHOCKED. Seriously, there's a good 10 second pause where he just STARES at me while I'm crying. Ha ha :) He's been ready for awhile to have kids and probably never thought this day would come. I'm just so glad I recorded this.

Oh, and I chuckle at the very end when I ask him, "Can we not go to work tomorrow?" Because finding out you're pregnant means you get a day off, didn't you know that? :)

14 comments:

  1. Awe, cute! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sweet! I love the look on his face!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy crap. That is THE sweetest video I have EVER seen. OMG. I just found your blog on monday, and you already have me in tears.. good grief.

    Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so adorable. what a CUTIE!! "honey?! honey!?" awwwww i love it so much!!!! so, so happy for you! you will be the most fun yet strong mother. everything a mother should be! love you and so excited for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great video!! I even started to get tears!!! Im so excited for you guys!! Being pregnant is amazing and having a baby is going to be even better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Elizabeth!! Being a mom is the best thing ever - you will be an amazing mom. I will forever be grateful for all you did for Barry and I. Glad things are good for you guys. And you are right that is the sweetest video ever. What a sweet husband you have. Congrats again - Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. i had to talk ryan into letting me post it. he said he looks stupid which i'm glad you all disagree he doesn't. i think it is the sweetest video too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the cutest video ever! It almost made me tear. Congrats you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that is sweet...so happy for you guys!! Another little cute cousin to join the ranks at Grammy's house. At least he/she is half Lizzie so he/she has a chance. Love you guys!!! -lorie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Liz I love this video! I am so glad you posted it! What a cute husband you have! His reaction is priceless! Its funny because that is exactly how Rusty reacted both times i told him we were expecting! I wish i would have thought to record it! He had that same stunned face. They don't know what to say! He watched this video with me and smiled and said "Yep! Your so happy and so terrified at the same time!" so funny! I am so happy for you! You will be an awesome mom! Try to enjoy pregnancy! I loved it! It is the best feeling in the world when you can feel that little one move it your tummy! There really is nothing like it! Thanks for sharing this with us! Can't wait to see and hear more about your pregnancy! No matter who is pregnant it is always fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, so sweet! Definitely teared up lol. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so darn cute! Love it! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Watching this video made me cry!!! What a beautiful moment to share with us all! I am so happy for you guys!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete