Jun 19, 2012

Why I got a job

There are many reasons why I needed to get a job. I've been spending too much money, watching too much tv, and baking too much food. It's also an uncomfortable subject when people ask me what I do and I say in all seriousness, "I'm a stay-at-home wife." And of course the spouts of complete boredom where I sit on the couch and stare at the wall. I start next Monday working as a surgical nurse again so this is my last week of freedom and doing whatever the heck I want!

Today though, i reconfirmed to myself that i really do need to start working. When Ryan comes home today and asks what I did I can say with a BIG SMILE on my face, "honey, while you were working all day, I built us a fort."

I love forts. Ryan and I used to make and watch movies in them while we were dating and newlyweds. I'm bringing them back and making our fort so much classier and mature. I even strung some lights and garland. I know this will be a nice surprise when Ryan gets home from a long day at the office. What grown man wouldn't love crawling into a pimped out fort after being stuck at a cubicle all day? My point precisely. Oh, and today he turns 28 so this is also a birthday gift! Ha :)

8 comments:

  1. Good for you! (And fun fort!!)

    LB
    www.accordingtol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun! hope it stays up a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fort is so cool!!! I may have to be a copy cat and make one too!!! Congrats on the job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys. now i don't feel so silly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um... forget the job, you've found your true calling, clearly, in totally awesome pimped out fort building. ;)

    Hiyee,
    Just saying "hi" and hugs and all that good stuff from our little Localsugarhawaii.com Wordless Wednesday link up. Thanks for being a part of this beautiful group.

    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to know how you did this! The girls would love every second of it.

    ReplyDelete