Mar 28, 2012

Tumamoc & Squaw Peak

While in Tucson, Karn and I went on a hike close by her place. It's the Tumamoc Hill and the landscape along the path is the epitome of a sonoran hike. I think I caught a bug now that we're living in AZ. It's the hiker's bug. And to prove it, the following morning after friend headed to work and before I drove home, I went and hiked it again. And then....
This morning, 5:15 when the hubs alarm went off, I popped up out of bed, toasted him a bagel for work because that's the extent of me making him breakfast with my eyes still shut, and went on yet another hike. And this was the first hike I've done in a very long time that I was up to see the sunrise. Quiet and peaceful. There's something about waking up early---ok 5:15 is early for me, but as I was saying, there's something about waking up early in the morning, and going for a hike. Everyone is still sleeping and here I am hiking a mountain and with every step the sun is slowly coming up. I have me and my thoughts and the sunrise--- oh, and that one hardcore hiker who's panting down my back to pass me....

1 comment: