- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice ( i used cinnamon )
- 3 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (didn't add)
- 2/3 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
* I changed the oven settings to 350 and stirred every 10 minuts for a total of 35 minutes. Recipe from allrecipes.com
- Preheat an oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Coat 2 baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, rolled oats, almonds, and pecans in a large bowl. Mix the applesauce, honey, and vanilla in a separate large bowl. Stir the oat mixture into the applesauce mixture, until granola begins to gather in clusters. Spoon granola evenly onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven, stirring every 20 minutes, until lightly browned and crispy, about 1 hour.
- Remove from oven; cool to room temperature. Stir in raisins and cranberries; store in an airtight container.
I was so excited to wake up this morning and have some granola before the hubby left for school. Look at me... i'm like a little school girl excited about granola. i LOVE k-nola. :)