My weekend, as I'm sure yours all did, entailed food galore! Here's two recipes i made. One I got from my aunt who's an amazing cook and the other from my best friend who's also the dessert queen. For anyone who knows me on a personal level can testify how far from a cook I am. However, I'm on a new kick with cooking and have enjoyed it thus far. I've always loved food, I just never learned how to make food...just how to order it. :) So any recipes I share, you KNOW will be simple and do-able for beginners.
Pumpkin Pie Cake
Our last Sunday dinner in Idaho, my wondeful aunt had us over for dinner and this was the dessert she made. I fell in LOVE beause it had pumpkin (delish) and yellow cake (yum). Put the two together and it's a hit. Plus, it gives the whole pumpkin pie a new twist.
My biff came over the other day and shared a single turtle she made for her family with me. It had the salty-sweet combination going on and I HAD to copy her. What else are best friends for?
Pumpkin Pie Cake Ingredients
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Mix well, and spread into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle cake mix over the top of the pumpkin mixture, and pat down. Sprinkle chopped pecans evenly over the cake mix, then drizzle with melted margarine.
- Bake for 60 to 80 minutes, or until done. Top with whipped topping when ready to serve.
- Rolos (or chocolate caramel kisses)
- Whole pecans
1. Heat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Place pretzels over parchment paper with rolos on top (removed from foil duh!)
3. Bake 5-10 minutes until chocolates get soft
4. Remove from oven and use a whole pecan to push chocolate down. Cool completely before devouring. :)