Jan 10, 2013

27 weeks

New Developments:
It's been awhile since I've last seen Jurassic Park. But there's a scene in the movie I thought of recently. Although I may not recall it exactly, you'll catch my drift.

It's when the two grandkids are in the jeep and waiting for help. There's a cup of water in the car and the camera zooms in and you see the water ripple, signaling T-Rex was stomping his way closer to where the kids were. The ripples got stronger and stronger and they turn around and look out the back of the jeep and .....AHHHH!!!! T-Rex is COMING!!!!!!....

I might have embellished parts of the scene but something along those lines happens in the movie. My point? Oh yeah, my point is that's what baby boy has been doing. Except instead of the water rippling, it's my tummy. I'll look down and see this jerk movement from the baby and I'll say to myself.....Ahhh!!!!! He's coming!!! And although I'm not as terrified as those kids probably were, I'm still terrified in my own way because this is finally sinking in that I'm pregnant and I feel so unprepared. We just moved into our new place, everything is in boxes, we have no nursery put together, we haven't bought a single thing for the baby...... I might as well be one of those girls on the TLC show I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant. (Stupid show by the way, don't waste your time.)

It's normal to be scared though right? Everyone feels unprepared. But even as I'm writing this, baby boy is kicking up a storm and I keep stopping to look at him move. And this time I say to myself: I don't care if I feel disorganized and unprepared..... I can't wait till you're in my arms. :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh Liz you are so cute!! I loved to just sit and watch my belly move! Its the coolest thing ever! You should just enjoy it cause believe me you will miss it! Yes you are totally normal to feel scared and unprepared. I felt like that with both my pregnancies. I think you will feel like that every time you are pregnant but especially that first time. With Cardon we didn't have anything ready until the week he was supposed to come and with Trace it wasn't ready until after we brought him home! I felt bad about it at the time but really they don't know the difference and at least in my case they slept in my room the first 3 months anyway. Just keep on doing what you are doing because you are already being a great Mom! Although i will say once you do get that crib and those cloths and all those baby things it sets in and becomes so real! Scary and awesome all at the same time! I hope you don't care about all my long posts! I just love talking about pregnancy stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie! You are awesome! That helps calm my nerves. And you're right.... Our baby won't know the difference whether we are all unprepared and we bring him home to a messy house with an incomplete nursery. He won't judge me. Ha.

      Delete
  2. I was really nervous too! That was my first emotion when I found out I was pregnant. And it didn't go away until I saw that precious little baby. I was IN LOVE and it has only gotten better every day!!! So excited!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure all those doubts and worries go away once you see your baby for the first time. :) the nice thing is having all my friends with babies who can give me great advice!

      Delete
  3. It's totally normal to feel unprepared and scared! I felt that way with both. But in reality, you don't need a whole lot. Your baby will survive even without a perfect baby room. Sit back and enjoy watching him kick...those are some of my favorite moments and you will miss it when it's over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did my last comment not post? I'll try again. Babies need diapers, wipes, car seat, and blankets. Even clothes are optional because you're constantly having to remove them to change diapers anyway :-). So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete