Jun 1, 2012

Paleo Muffins two-ways

Same basic muffin recipe, two different ways. :)
These look especially good because of the muffin cups right? I got them from Michael's for $1 which was probably the cheapest thing I bought there. I've never been huge into crafts until recently and having a Michael's close by has 1.) created a new category to budget for and 2.) turned me into a little girl at a candy store.... but instead of candy it's paint, and stickers, and paper, and ribbon and magic!

 Anyway, pretty happy with these muffin cups but let's get onto the recipes. I found a recipe off of this blog and altered some ingredients to MY liking. Because in my world, it's all about what I like. HA!

Paleo Blueberry Muffins
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (i used 3/4 cup)
1/4 cup raw honey
1 tbs vanilla extract
1/2 cup blueberries
3 large eggs beaten well (i used 2 eggs)

350 degrees.
Mix dry ingredients well.
Add beaten eggs, honey, vanilla, applesauce, and blueberries.
Grease muffin pan with olive oil spray. Bake 30-40 minutes.

After they were already in the oven, I realized I had some lemons I could have used to make Blueberry Lemon Muffins..... Doh! Next time. Now I have an excuse to make these again. So moist and perfect for breakfast. Or, if you're like me, whenever you are craving a baked goodie.

The nice thing about muffins, you can get ca-razy (as far as the cooking world is concerned) and change the add-ins. I found a recipe that for carrot muffins and made them 2 weeks ago. I didn't care for them and ended up giving them to my parents to eat. I wouldn't feed them to my husband but for someone reason I thought feeding them to my parents was ok. Ha. You can imagine how shocked I was when MY DAD asked me to bake him some more soon. (Jaw dropped).

YES! I'd love to! BUT!....
If I was going to make them again, I wanted to try and adjust the recipe so they tasted better by my standards. Like I mentioned before, it's all about what I like. I can't bake something I don't think tastes good..... that's just..... well.....awkward.  

Who would have thunk adding something as little as would make the difference. :) WOO HOO! Now eating a vegetable in my muffin doesn't seem unfathomable.

Paleo Cinnamon Applesauce and Carrot Muffins
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (i used 3/4 cup)
1/4 cup raw honey
1 tbs vanilla extract
1/2 cup shredded carrots
3 large eggs beaten well (i used 2 eggs)

350 degrees.
Mix dry ingredients well.
Add beaten eggs, honey, vanilla, applesauce, and shredded carrots.
Grease muffin pan with olive oil spray. Bake 30-40 minutes.

5 comments:

  1. Yummy!! Just stumbled upon you blog :) Gonna stay awhile, you have some amazing recipes, girl!

    XO
    erin

    sweetnessitself.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this great recipe! I've made them twice already & they were a big hit even with non paleo friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWESOME! thank you so much for letting me know. Did you stick with recipe stricly or did you make any changes? I didn't do much experimenting with it but like to hear what tweaks people make. So happy they worked out. :)

      Delete
  3. How much cinnamon for the second recipe???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How the heck do I leave the cinnamon out from a cinnamon applesauce muffin? Haha. I hardly measure the amount of cinnamon but keep sprinkling until the batter looks and smells like a good amount without being overbearing. But 1 tbs would be good to start with.

      Delete