May 22, 2012

Paleo nut granola

It's just about 11pm. Ryan's sleeping and I would/should be too but like I mentioned in my embarrassing post earlier today, our Internet is now working and I'm too busy looking up recipes to sleep. Here's what I made for Ryan when he gets the munchies, which is always.
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup walnuts/pecans
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 cup slivered almonds
2 tbs coconut oil
2 tbs raw honey
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla

350•
Mix it all together and spread on cookie sheet (coated with coconut oil or lined with parchment).
Bake 5-7 minutes. Let cool and add dried fruit.
One of the many perks with granola is the versatility (that's probably the 3rd time in my entire life using that word so you know I only say it if I mean it). Change the nuts up if you want, I added raw sunflower seeds, dried apple chips and raisins. :)

3 comments:

  1. Okay, yum! Hey, I'm actually hosting a giveaway of Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil and will be sharing my adventures in cooking with coconut oil. Would it be o.k. if I featured a link back to your recipe/ tute here? Please feel free to jump on in for the giveaway too-- it's seriously good stuff and they'll be delivering it right to the winner's door just in time for summer.

    Aloha,
    Just stopping by to say "hi" from the Aloha Friday Hop and to say thanks for joining the fun. I am now going to have visions of granola yumminess dancing in my head-- thanks for that.

    xoxo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to the link and yes I will enter! :) thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Great Elizabeth, I'm so excited to share your yumminess later today. I'll be linking to this very post and will be hoping you win our Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil Giveaway.

    xoxo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete