Apr 27, 2012

T.L.C for the S.O.U.L.


This is going to be a venting post because a lot is on my mind this Friday morning. Although this is not going on in my personal life right now, someone very close to me is going through a trial and it has made me reflect on my own experiences and how poorly I've responded to a majority of them in my own life.

There will be times in all of our lives where someone will wrong you or extremely disappoint you. There will also be times where we face trials that's beyond anyone's control. Regardless of what situation we face, it's really hard not to get caught up in the issue and let it affect you negatively. It's our human nature to be hurt, mad, upset, or sad.

It's easier when you're the outsider trying to give advice and support to that someone who needs it, but when it's your turn, oh man, a lot harder to see the eternal perspective of things.

For me, this is what it all comes down to: life is too short not to be happy. I need and I WILL do better with seeing the good in every situation. The other day I was talking with an elderly woman from church on the phone and was telling her how hot it was outside. She replies, "oh no no no. It's beautiful. Just think of those who are in snow and who have to scrape the ice off their windshield. We have it so good here!"

I was taken back. Here's this 80+ year old lady being grateful and seeing the blessings of the Arizona heat and here I am complaining. "No more!" I say to myself. See the good in all things because like I said before, life's too short to not be happy.

"..men are, that they might have joy." 2 nephi 2:25

God created us that we could have joy and gosh darn it I'm going to have i! Hence the commencement of my gratitude journal because let's face it, everyday we have something new to be grateful for. :)

2 comments:

  1. YES!! God created us for joy indeed!! He has plans for us to do good and even when things are bad, He is faithful and He is there we just have to trust in Him!! Thank you for this uplifting word!!

    www.whatjeanlikes.com

    ReplyDelete