Apr 20, 2012

B.b.b

I made dinner for a sick friend and her husband last night. This was their dessert and I'm laughing because it looks as though it was their anniversary or something. (Im also laughing because I realized I'm posting a brownies recipe on 4/20. Don't be getting any ideas now!) She isn't able to keep any food down so it was mostly for her husband, but they sure are pretty to look at even if you can't eat them.

Ever heard of the black bean brownies? My mom had made them forever ago and they were surprisingly moist and very good. I know it sounds disturbing, but I promise you do NOT taste the black beans at all. If you're daring and want to at least give them a try, here's the healthier black bean brownie recipe. Come on, don't be scared! The flavors here just work people, I promise. :)

Healthier Brownies Recipe

(16 brownies)
1 15.5 ounce can black beans
1 package brownie mix (20 ounces)

Rinse and drain black beans very well and then refill can with water. Puree in food processor or blender until smooth. Mix in with brownie mix and bake following package directions.

2 comments:

  1. Just discovered your blog,it is great!

    Must say the thought of the black bean doesn't really appeal to me but the pictures of the brownies look so delicious I think I need to give them a try!

    Lulu x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone thinks that and everyone who has tried them loves them. I'm glad you're open to trying! Let me know what you think,

      Delete