Feb 15, 2012

Mrs. Nurse again

Tonight i start my new job. 9p-9a 3 nights on, 3 nights off. I've never had to do night shifts so anyone who has worked a job working graveyard shifts, shed some light this way of how to make it work. Thanks....
should i be sleeping right now? Yes. I slept in till 9 this morning which was huge for me. I'll try and nap later but that will be a failure before i even try. On a brighter note:

I'm really excited to be starting this new job. It never fails in life that it works out how it's supposed to. I've worked in the operating room with a few side jobs here and there, but this will be providing a new area in my career with home health. My patient is a quadriplegic woman and although her situation is not ideal, i feel like this can be a positive experience for the two of us. A wise person told me (ok, my mom) that people come into our lives for a reason and this job may be an opportunity to learn from each other and see the blessings in our lives through whatever obstacles we face.

I really want to be someone who sees the good in everything and shows gratitude for all aspects of my life. Today I'm grateful for my new job and the opportunity to keep learning new things even though I'm out of school. Wonderful Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. Nice on the job. I can't believe you haven't had to work nights! Lucky! Well it can be sucky but what I do is try to sleep in the day I have to work and try to take a nap. Sometimes I can, sometimes not so well, but you'll definately be able to sleep the next day! Put blankets over the window and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My step dad always says, "There's a special place in heaven for nurses."

    True dat.

    ReplyDelete